Battle bikini-line bumps by changing your razor frequently. Not only will your shave be closer, you'll also avoid bacteria buildup on the blade, which could otherwise cause irritation. More Tips >
Getting a glossy, mega-watt mane doesn’t need to take a village to accomplish. Here are a few easy tricks to give your hair mirror-like shine, just in time for summer.
1. One of the best secrets to getting shiny hair is using a boar- bristle brush. The gentle bristles distribute your scalp’s natural oils over the hair shaft, making your hair lustrous and smooth.
2. When you blow-dry your hair, point the nozzle down the hair shaft to help smooth the hair cuticle so that it lays flat and reflects more light. When you point the nozzle up or into the hair shaft, you get more frizz and a dull finish.
3. Rinse with cold water. Blast your mane with a cold-water rinse at the end of a shower to close and seal the cuticle of the hair, allowing for maximum glossiness and smoothness -- plus less frizz.
4. Deeper hair colors are best at reflecting light, so tint your hair one or two shades darker than your natural hair color to amp up your hue’s luster factor.
5. Straighten your hair. Curly hair bends and curves, making it more difficult for light to bounce off of each strand evenly -- . Tthe sleeker and straighter the hair, the greater the glint.
6. After following steps one through five, top off your already shiny hair with a smoothing cream or serum, which blocks hair from humidity and frizz, and will help maintain your beautiful, smooth, shiny style.
The best way to get a closer shave is:
The bathing suit style you plan to rock this summer is a: